Chef’s choice dinners remove the need to read menus as well as the need to learn to read. Leave the decision-making to the pros with today’s Groupon: for $49, you get an omakase (chef’s choice) sashimi and Japanese tasting-menu for two at Sake Bar Kirakuya (a $105 value). That meal includes:
- One seasonal dish for two (an $18 value)
- One omakase sashimi plate for two (a $32 value)
- One yakitori moriawase dish for two (an $18 value)
- Two individual dishes with a choice of chicken teriyaki, beef teriyaki, tofu steak, or deep-fried tofu (a $22 value)
- Choice of one rice or udon noodle dish for two (a $15 value)<p>
The chefs at Sake Bar Kirakuya carefully craft omakase dinners from a changing roster of tapas-style shared dishes. Slide up to a red leather banquette as the meal kicks off with a seasonal dish selected by chefs, who also strategically arrange slices of raw fish into secret messages atop the sashimi plate. Once mouths slurp rice or udon noodles and strip succulent meats from a sextet of yakitori skewers, each person can opt for a personal dish of chicken or beef glazed in teriyaki sauce, or tofu grilled or deep-fried. For each course, chefs can choose ingredients to accommodate diners’ food allergies or desire to eat their own feelings. While not part of the Groupon, Kirakuya stocks its yellow-lit bar with a bevy of sake beverages to cool off overworked mouth motors—ask a server for suggestions of which to pair with each course.