In karaoke—as in child rearing or police work—having fun is more important than being good. Prevent crimes against popular music with today’s Groupon to Sakura Karaoke Lounge. Choose from the following options:
- For $36, you get a karaoke outing for 4 (up to a $72 value). The outing includes a table that seats 4 as well as:
- Two appetizers (up to a $12 value each)
Four drinks (up to a $12 value each)
- For $65, you get a karaoke outing for 8 (up to a $132 value). The outing includes a table that seats 8 as well as:
- Three appetizers (up to a $12 value each)
Eight drinks (up to a $12 value each)
- For $139, you get a karaoke outing for 12 (up to a $282 value). The outing includes:
- A private party room for two hours ($45/hour)
- Four appetizers (up to a $12 value each)
- 12 drinks (up to a $12 value each)
Sakura Karaoke Lounges hosts full-throated evenings of carefree crooning amidst a vibrant, neon loungescape infused with the scents of Far Eastern food and drink. Songbirds scuttle through Sakura’s 60,000-song catalog for the ideal tune to woo a lost love or rupture the eyeglasses of stodgy critics. Tunesmiths can warble through popular songs in English, Chinese, or Korean before replenishing proteins with Asian-influenced appetizers. Gobble down tender Korean pork chops and curry fish balls or sing a plaintive sea chantey to the shrimp shumai. Mixologizing cocktails and nonalcoholic libations, Sakura smoothes golden throats with robust Red Kamikazes and lychee martinis, as well as traditional Tsingtao and Kirin light beers.
Backlit bottles, flat-screen TV’s, and soft paper lamps illuminate Sakura’s vibrant, club-like atmosphere. Groups four or eight can jostle and celebrate the aural antics of friends from the comfort of a table or catch a breather between sets on Sakura’s sleek leather couches, and twelvesomes can protect timid vocal chords from prying ears in private rooms. In anticipation of a performance at the open mic, songsters can choose to calm vocal chords with a white-gourd or chrysanthemum tea or prowl the main lounge while dusting off their high-school ventriloquism routines.