- Open 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Refined American comfort food
- Selection of local wines
- Prix fixe dining option
About This Deal
While most restaurants immediately fall asleep in narcoleptic fits when the sun goes down, others thrive under a blanket of stars and moonshadows. Today's Groupon exemplifies crepuscular dining with $50 worth of comfort food and comfort drinks at Sally's After Dark in Potrero Hill for $25. The evening joint is open Wednesday through Saturday nights from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. in the same building as brunch-serving Sally's Restaurant and Deli, and you can redeem your Groupon on a Wednesday or Thursday night for up to two complimentary glasses of sangria to accompany savory belly company.
For those who generally wake up past the afternoon rooster's song, evening mealtime is the most exciting mealtime of the day. Sally's After Dark caters to supper cravings with a small but comfortable dining area graced by the familiar aromas of classic and elegant American comfort chow. Dinnertime happiness comes in all forms, including a penne pesto pasta with cauliflower, green beans, and toasted pine nuts ($13); spicy seafood jambalaya uniting prawns, calamari, and petrale sole in a spicy tomato-broth bath ($16); and a country pork chop grilled under a ground mustard shallot sauce ($15). Those who like a politely packaged meal are encouraged to build their own prix fixe with a soup or starter, an entree, and a dessert for $24.
Thirsty eaters can wind away the evening with a selection from Sally's' wine menu starting with house reds and whites ($5 each) and several locally bottled varieties such as the Bell 2006 Syrah from the Sierra Foothills and the Rancho Sisquoc 2007 Pinot Noir grown and fermented in Santa Barbara County. Call ahead to make your reservation.
- The creation of native San Franciscan, Francisco Sanchez, Sally’s After Dark serves up American comfort food in a casual setting at extremely reasonable prices (especially when you see the portions). Aided by former chefs from La Mar, Delfina, and Chez Mama, among other local establishments, this place turns out some impressive on-site focaccia and pastries too. – GrubGirl.com
- those spicy shortrib crostinis were yummy! – Mabelle Artz, Facebook
- A great new place with an affordable fix price menu. Had dinner last night at Sally's for the second time. Sliders are great. Skirt steak is juicy. Sauce on the ribs is nice and concentrated. – Ognjen P., Yelp