Though it’s known to suck electricity from dry air and rubbed balloons, hair actually derives most of its power from compliments. Keep admiration flowing with today’s Groupon to Salon Burget in Overland Park. Choose between the following options:
- For $61, you get a women’s hairstyle package (up to a $151 total value), which includes:
- Balayage or partial highlights (up to a $79 value)
- A haircut, blow-dry, and style by a L’Oreal Professional–trained stylist (a $37 value)
- A customized deep-conditioning treatment (a $17 value)
An eyebrow wax (an $18 value) or professional make-up touch-up (a $17 value)<p>
- For $49, you get a men’s hairstyle package (a $119 value), which includes the following:
- Balayage or camouflage treatment (a $50 value)
- A haircut by an American Crew–trained stylist (a $29 value)
- A scalp-therapy treatment (a $24 value)
- An invigorating hot-towel treatment (a $10 value)
- A stimulating conditioning treatment, style, and neck shave (a $6 value)<p>
Extra-long or thick hair may be subject to additional fees. Buyers of today’s deal also receive additional discounts that may be applied to future appointments, including a four-visit shellac package for $90, a referral card good for $15 off a visit after the referral’s appointment (referral also receives $15 off first visit), and a card good for $5 off any retail purchase and choice of a $17 INOA Color upgrade or $10 off a first facial service.
Led by owner and master stylist Holly Burget, the stylists at Salon Burget undergo weekly and monthly training sessions in the latest products and techniques developed by L’Oreal Professional and American Crew. Damsels go through Madonna-like image transformation in a roughly 2.5-hour appointment, which includes a haircut and customized deep-conditioning treatment that leaves locks up to 10 times stronger without making strands bench-press lead barrettes. Salon Burget’s staff furnishes patrons with refreshments and snacks while they wait, and clients lounge in massage chairs as their choice of either partial highlights or balayage—a French term for freehand, brush-on highlights—sets, adding dimension to lackluster locks. Aestheticians then wax eyebrows before stylists sculpt tresses to complete clients’ new looks as Oscar-worthy stars or paparazzi toadies.
The approximately 90-minute men’s styling session starts with a haircut from a stylist who specializes in guys’ hair. Clients choose between a balayage treatment whose freehand highlights deepen dimension or a camouflage treatment that subtly blends graying hair back toward its original color and mouthfeel. The scalp-therapy treatment uses dermabrasion to open pores, speed cell turnover, and boost collagen, helping enhance hair density and strength. To conclude, stylists mollycoddle mugs with a hot-towel treatment, shave neck fuzz, and lather in conditioner to leave skin soft and smooth.