There may come a day very soon when you won't want your hair to be witch-dyed, stiff with egg-whites, and dripping with corn-syrup blood. Today's Groupon will help you reset those tresses back to pre-Halloween fabulous: $100 of hair, waxing, and make-up services at Salon Capelli in Rockville for $50. Everything but nails and products, basically. The deal is only good for new customers, but since the salon itself is new to the DC scene, that should include just about everyone, except stylish time-travelers trying to game the system (nice try, Professor). You can also combine two Groupons in a single visit.
Salon Capelli's nine specialists are all seasoned pros at styling hair in the places you want it, removing it from the places you don't, and dabbing a little make-up everywhere else (we went with leopard spots up our spine–looks awesome). Hair services include haircuts and styling ($35–$75), texturing ($95), coloring ($60–$125), and scalp treatments ($15). Frizzies and wavyheads looking to abbreviate their morning prep time will want to try the salon's popular Keratin Complex hair therapy ($325). For three to four months, your hair will stay beautifully straight, allowing you to color and style it in cool new ways without the hassle of hair breakage, or the more-difficult-to-treat hair nervous breakdown.
Today's Groupon is also good for all waxing and make-up treatments. Befuzzed hotties, returning Survivor contestants, and lycanthropes in denial can all enjoy a less debilitating depilating from lip and chin ($8 each) to Brazilian bikini ($50) to full back or chest ($50), also known as the Robin Williams. Brides to be, meanwhile, can take a cosmetic test run for $50 before getting the full-on Big Day makeover for $100.
Many women would travel to the ends of the earth for the perfect hairstyle, especially when they find out that Santorini, George Clooney's bedroom, and the Chocolate Sculpture Garden are earth's officially designated ends. DC denizens, however, will only have to drive to Rockville. It's a perfect excuse to arrange a girl's day out with all the Maryland friends you don't see very often. So disregard R.E.M.'s dubious advice and go to Rockville, Salon Capelli Groupon in hand, within the next six months.
Though but a fledgling in the world o' beauty, Salon Capelli has already been highlighted by the Washingtonian as one of the Good Salons to Try in Maryland, according to a survey of women on the street:
- Clients like the salon’s warm, casual vibe. Owner Becky Watson wins praise for updated cuts and color—she’s good with curly locks, too, as well as makeup. Co-owner Michelle Tamayo earns raves for her multidimensional color. Great shampoos with scalp massages. – Sherri Dalphonse, Washingtonian
- I have found the last hairstylist that I will ever need and her name is Tina. Not only does she keep me current with the latest hair styles and colors but, she takes her time to make sure that I know how to style my new look when I am at home. – DEBBEV, Yahoo! Local
- Michelle is great!!! I went in with horrible brassy orange highlights and she fixed them and am getting a ton of compliments at work. – Unmani, Yahoo! Local
Please Turn Your Head When You Coiffe
A stylish updo can do more than just turn heads at your former co-worker’s Starbucks-themed wedding (they met at Starbucks, I guess). A formidable hairstyle can look great and carry its own weight in a variety of more utilitarian ways. Ask your stylist for a haircut that can also:
- Support a flashlight for spelunking expeditions
- Form the shape of a #1 Foam Finger to free up your real hands for beer and nachos at the next gameball match
- House a symbiotic mosquito-devouring chameleon to periodically dart its tongue out for pest-control and conversation starting
- Tinnily sing “Rock Around The Clock” when you squeeze the clump labeled “Try Me!”
- Protect your thoughts from telepathic dogs looking at you all telepathically
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
Co-owners Michelle Tamayo and Becky Watson share a salon, years of experience in hair cutting and styling, and Vidal Sassoon training. Together, the duo leads a team of beauty professionals as they shape, color, and texturize strands with products from Moroccanoil, L’Oréal Professionnel, and Aquage. The salon's team also grooms fingers and toes, removes unwanted hair from the body, and prepares faces for parties or Blue Man Group auditions with makeup applications.
835 Rockville Pike
Rockville, Maryland 20852Get Directions