What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
- $182 for permanent makeup for top or bottom eyeliner or lip liner ($375 value)
- $307 for permanent makeup for top and bottom eyeliner ($650 value)
- $248 for permanent makeup for eyebrows or full lips ($550 value)
In a process similar to tattooing, an aesthetician strategically applies pigments to the skin. The process can accentuate the eyes, add color to the lips, or fill in brows with solid color or delicate techniques that mimic the look of natural features. Depending on skin type and area treated, touchups may be necessary to maintain a desired appearance.
Permanent Makeup: Forever Beautiful
Permanent makeup makes it easy to exchange your makeup bag for a few extra minutes in bed. Read up on this convenient cosmetic treatment.
Permanent makeup—usually used to define or fill in eyelids, eyebrows, and lips—is essentially a tattoo. But in this case, the lines applied to skin are typically designed not to stand out but to blend in. Using specialized micropigmentation equipment, a cosmetic technician implants micropigments made from inert minerals just below the surface of the skin. The artist may create a solid wash of color to make lips rosier or lash lines darker, or may carefully draw in individual strands of hair along the brow.
Unlike summer-camp friendships, permanent makeup usually doesn’t last forever. That’s because the face receives more UV exposure than other body parts, so ink there fades more quickly. Touchup sessions may be scheduled as soon as six months or as long as 10 years after the initial session. As with any tattoo, clients likely will experience a bit of swelling for three to seven days, and the pigment will appear darker than the target shade for about six weeks. There is one post-treatment precaution to take: the minerals in permanent makeup can interfere with MRIs, so you should be sure to inform your technician of any micropigmentation you have as well as the number of magnets you’ve swallowed.
- Permanent makeup’s uses go beyond the obvious: in 2007, one artist told Elle that some clients have opted to tattoo already-full brows as a permanent guideline for waxing techs.
- Cosmetic tattooing isn’t a Western invention. Some of the Maori women of New Zealand are reported to have felt that their elaborate, traditional facial tattoos also kept wrinkles from developing around the mouth.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Appointment required, 24 hour advance notice required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Must use promotion value in 1 visit. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.