|_Jump to: Details||Reviews_|
When Salon Roi first opened, its name was spelled like it sounds: Roy. This predictably led to all sorts of confusion: hockey fans everywhere believed it was the salon of NHL superstar-goalie Patrick Roy. Roy’s name is known for its counter-intuitive, French-sounding pronunciation: wah. Colorado Avalanche fans asking for various facials related to Patrick Roy (wah) flooded Salon Roy. Popular requests included:
- Pure Bliss Roy (wah) Facial: a life-affirming facial with an exfoliating mask of soothing lemon rind and savory tamarind.
- Wall of Roy (wah) Protective Facial: an exfoliating #33 mask with pore-sealing aloe that blocks pucks from entering your pores.
- Bloody Roy (wah) Facial: a clarifying blood mask with soothing, point-blank slap shots.
Salon Roy was unable to provide any of these facials—many of them were illegal—so to avoid further misunderstandings, it changed its name to the phonetically unmistakable Salon Roi. Now it’s an outstanding spa that’s well known for its wonderful Flax-C Anti-Aging Facial, which you can get with today’s Groupon for 58% off.
Here’s the opportunity you’ve all been aging for. With today’s Groupon, $50 gets you the Flax-C Anti-Aging Facial (a $120 value) at Salon Roi. The Flax-C is perfect for any skin type and works by smoothing out wrinkles, firming and tightening sagging skin, and erasing emotional scars. All of Salon Roi’s beautifying procedures use the most up-to-date equipment and finest skin-care products, so your 60-minute Flax-C treatment will leave your face feeling completely rejuvenated.
Salon Roi is staffed by friendly and well-trained beauty technicians who know exactly what kind of treatment a face requires. Just take a look at the reviews below to see how much people love them. Getting there is super easy: get off at the Woodley Park-Zoo/Adams Morgan metro stop and walk to 2602 Connecticut Ave. NW (it’s in a four-story historic townhouse). If you’re interested in knocking a few years off your face, this is the Groupon for you.
Yelpers give Salon Roi an average 3.5 out of five stars. CityVoter is confusing, but there are many thumbs-up, which means Salon Roi will be spared to fight another battle. Here’s what people are saying:
- “What a gem of a salon with wonderful staff!” – Rachel P., Yelp
- “I’ve been going to Salon Roi for years and I have had nothing but the best in service from the talented, professional, friendly, and caring staff.” – Wendy J., Yelp
- “Salon Roi is the most unique & best Salon & Spa in Washington, D.C. area.” – Donna, CityVoter
A salon might not seem like a typical destination for a tour bus. Nevertheless, the Old Towne Trolley makes a stop at Salon Roi, where a well-known mural of Marilyn Monroe decorates the upper levels of the restored, four-story historic townhouse. Created by the artist John Bailey in 1980 for Mr. Roi Barnard’s 40th birthday, the Marilyn Monroe mural has since become an unexpected Washington landmark, and has been reproduced on postcards, T-shirts, calendars, and vice president Biden’s favorite jean jacket. More Marilyn memorabilia decorates the rest of the unisex salon and spa, where expert stylists pamper guests with haircare, facials, massages, and other spa services.
2602 Connecticut Ave Nw
Washington, District of Columbia 20008Get Directions