Choose from Four Options
- $39 for a haircut, deep-conditioning treatment, and styling ($95 value)
- $69 for a haircut, deep-conditioning treatment, allover color or partial highlights, and styling ($160 value)
- $49 for a haircut, shampoo, and split-end treatment ($105 value)
- $99 for a Brazilian blowout ($250 value)
An additional fee may apply for hair longer than shoulder-length.
Some hair-straightening products that claim to be formaldehyde-free include aldehyde compounds, which are similar to the carcinogen formaldehyde. Side effects may include nosebleeds, headaches, vomiting, and respiratory problems, among others. Learn more about the health risks here.
Hair Dryers: The Physics of Rapid Evaporation
The invention of the hair dryer has given hairstylists a powerful tool of the trade and the rest of us a quick way to dry soggy fireworks. Check out Groupon’s explanation of the science behind dry hair.
Given time, everything wet—even hair after a long shower—dries due to evaporation. When left to "air dry," hair slowly loses its moisture as the air scoops it up and converts it to water vapor. Hair dryers speed up the drying process by blowing hot air over the wet hair—a process that works wonders thanks to two key principles of evaporation:
- Evaporation requires energy, and more energy—in this case, heat—helps break the bonds holding water molecules together more quickly; when those bonds are loose, the water changes states.
- A pocket of air can only hold a certain amount of vapor before it becomes saturated. Thus, blowing air over the hair increases the amount of air that can potentially pick up the vapor.
All hair dryers consist of an electric fan and a heating element. As the fan pushes air down the barrel, it passes over the heat and emerges as hot air. Though some models heat coils of wire with an electrical current, others have ceramic heating elements, which can dry hair more quickly by producing the more radiant, safer far-infrared heat. Lately, many stylists have begun to adopt ionic hair dryers, which expel hot air with a surplus of negatively charged ions, reducing static electricity and resulting in smoother hair.
The Look Salon
Most popular service: Brazilian Blowout / Hair color and cuts
Brands Used: Brazilian Blowout, Pravana, Framesi
Staff Size: 1 person
Parking: Street parking
Handicap Accessible: Yes
Pro Tip: Call for any questions regarding appropriate scheduling for Brazilian Blowouts.
90% of 30 customers recommend
“Colleen is an experienced professional and gave me one of the best Brazilian treatments I'd ever received.”
“Davida is amazing. She gave my hair a lot of shape and texture”
“April was great!”