Ascend a shrub-lined, cobblestone staircase into a Labyrinth-like realm of relaxation. Today’s Groupon grants you $80 worth of high-end hair cutting from Salon Xia for $40. The artists at Salon Xia make your hairstyle a collaborative effort between your vision and the expert stylist’s skills.
Salon Xia’s services cover anything a head might want. Master your mane with a haircut and styling ($45–$65 for women, $30–$45 for men), add a splash of color with tint touch-ups or full colorings ($40–$75), partially highlight your hair with partial highlights ($45–$110), or prep for a night at a factory gala with an updo and style ($65–$90). Choose to use your Groupon toward an one-shot beauty bomb or lasso a collection of services for a multi-course experience that redefines your hair.
Nooked away in a self-contained strip of Boston Court, Salon Xia’s tropically textured interiors resemble a Caribbean bungalow with traditional Tuscan décor: terracotta floors, warm beige walls, and an autographed headshot of Coolio. The inviting track lighting, large bay windows, and open-air French-door patio encourages awe-struck on-lookers to gawk at your new hairdo from the safety of a velvet rope across the street.
- The two-hour drive from home in Carlsbad is well worth it; Mark is an excellent stylist, and the decor and genuine warmth of all personnel there make it a special treat. – Jan C., Insider Pages
- The salon is beautifully decorated and has a real touch of class. The staff are all excellent. I recommend Salon Xia to anyone who wants top quality service. – Christine L., Insider Pages
- I've been getting my haircut at Salon Xia for several years now and I just love coming to this quaint cottage converted to a salon. They are very professional and I always walk out feeling like a million bucks – dturner, Citysearch
Please Turn Your Head When You Coiffe
A stylish updo can do more than just turn heads at your former co-worker’s Starbucks-themed wedding. A formidable hairstyle can look great and carry its own weight in a variety of more utilitarian ways. Ask your stylist for a haircut that can also:
- Support a flashlight for spelunking expeditions
- Form the shape of a #1 Foam Finger to free up your real hands for beer and nachos at the next gameball match
- House a symbiotic mosquito-devouring chameleon to periodically dart its tongue out for pest-control and conversation starting
- Tinnily sing “Rock Around The Clock” when you squeeze the clump labeled “Try Me!”
- Protect your thoughts from telepathic dogs looking at you all telepathically
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
Though Salon Xia exists within a century-old cottage, its interior is nowhere near outdated. And that’s because owner Mark Mayner decided to keep the space airy, bright, and clean through the use of stained wooden accents and large, sun-soaked windows. Such contemporary touches wrap around the salon space, where stylists can often be found coloring and highlighting hair with high-end products including Aveda Full Spectrum and Redken Color Fusion dyes. The stylists also reach for Unite haircare products as they create new 'dos that are further informed by ongoing teachings from the Toni and Guy Academy.