$79 for a Mediterranean Dinner for Two at Sam's by the Beach ($130 Value). Groupon Reservation Required.

Santa Monica

Value Discount You Save
$130 39% $51
Give as a Gift
Limited quantity available
Over 110 bought

In a Nutshell

Owner Sam Elias takes a hands-on approach at his eatery, where he hand selects all the ingredients for his upscale Mediterranean dishes

The Fine Print

Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. Limit 1 per visit. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. **Must schedule reservation on www.groupon.com. Cancellations permitted up to 60 minutes prior to your reservation. No refunds if you do not show up for your reservation. Offer valid only at scheduled reservation time. Limit 1 per table. Dine-in only.** Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.

What You Get

  • $79 for a four-course upscale Mediterranean dinner for two with wine ($130 value)
  • See the menu.

How It Works

Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select “Check Availability” to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:

  • Purchase deal.
  • Visit “My Groupons” or tap the mobile app to make a reservation.
  • Select day and time online to secure reservation.
  • Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you.

Sam's by the Beach

Cherrywood tables, commissioned oil paintings, dark pine floors, antique-brass curtain rods, and damask-patterned banquettes all contribute to the vintage, Parisian bistro-inspired ambiance at Sam's by the Beach, which Gayot hailed as, "one of Santa Monica’s best-kept secrets." This Old-World spirit also influences the restaurant's menu of upscale provincial cooking. By borrowing techniques and flavors from Turkey, Italy, the South of France, and beyond, the chefs imbue their cuisine with a distinctive Mediterranean character.

Q&A with Sam Elias, Owner

Groupon: In your own words, how would you describe your menu?

Sam Elias: The menu is prepared daily, and each dish has its own flavor. Most of our regulars don't even see the menu. They usually ask for the daily special, and some of them have their favorite dish on the menu and there is no way to have them choose something else.

G: Decor can say a lot about the type of food a restaurant serves. How does your decor inform or reflect your culinary practice?

SE: The decor was created by me and a French interior designer who is the chief designer for the famous French furniture company, Roche Bobois....The colors of the walls, the huge mirrors, the cozy banquettes, the pillows, the long velvet curtains covering each corner of the room—the goal is to make you relax from the moment you enter the restaurant and to make you forget the hard work you put in for the day.

G: Do you use any family recipes at your restaurant?

SE: Yes, 80% of my menu items are my family recipes, and the other 20% are classic dishes with a Mediterranean twist.

G: Is there anything else you want to add that we didn't cover?

SE: I am a hands-on operator. My day starts at 4 a.m. I go to the Central Market in Downtown LA. I hand select all ingredients, and I don't have anything delivered to my restaurant other than my tablecloths, alcoholic beverages, and bottled water. Everything else is done by me.

Wine List by the Numbers

  • 1989 : oldest vintage of the Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame champagne available in the cellar
  • 10 : countries represented in the selection
  • 7 : Lebanese wines currently on the list
  • 6 : wines available by the glass for $10 or less
  • 4 : burgundy wines from premier cru vineyards

Customer Reviews

Great service
Kevin W. · January 23, 2015
The food is terrific. The staff is very cordial. I totally recommend Sam's
Judith D. · January 15, 2015
Definitely make reservations. Very romantic, great service and excellent food. Parking is tough around there, so give yourself time or you can valet for $7.
Carla S. · October 20, 2014

By purchasing this deal you'll unlock points which can be spent on discounts and rewards. Every 5,000 points can be redeemed for $5 Off your next purchase.