Though giant bubbles may now delight children all over the world, they were once fearsome weapons, blown by the Nazi Bubblewaffe to transport troops across the English Channel. Celebrate peace with today's Groupon: for $30, you get a one-year family membership to the San Antonio Children's Museum, a $65 value. This deal can also be used to renew existing memberships. Benefits include:
- Unlimited, year-round admission for two adults and up to four children 18 and younger
- Gift-shop and birthday-party discounts
- Free admission to the New Year's Eve Kids' Countdown
- Admission to special, private events
- A subscription to the museum newsletter
- Glitter sneaking into everything you own
Since the massive three-story museum was christened in 1995, more than two million visitors have come to touch and play with over a dozen interactive exhibits, designed to stimulate the burgeoning curiosity and creativity of early childhood.
Kiddos of all inclinations can find something to send them into a tizzy, whether it's milking Alamoo the cow in the Farm to Market, blasting hundreds of brightly colored balls through the Rube Goldberg–esque PowerBall Hall contraption, creating their own glitter-goggle-eyed beast in the Arts Pavilion, or getting some level pulling in at the Holt front-end-loader simulator. There are also more educational exhibits such as an ersatz ATM, a miniature HEB market, an airplane, and a Reading Adventures stage where kids can don costumes and act out their favorite stories. The museum also offers an assortment of weekly science, arts, and early-literacy activities.
For the youngest of the young, there's the Tot Spot, and for the oldest of the old or particularly youthful parents and guardians, the model bar with Lego daiquiris.
- Our 15-month old really enjoyed the airplane, phones, second-floor playhouse, balls, and especially the basement level HEB grocery. – ilovehotels126, TripAdvisor
- I took my 4yr old, 5 yr old, 11 yr old, and everyone had a blast. – pideleon, TripAdvisor
- The staff was very friendly and helpful. They were constantly walking around checking on things and straightening up. – Pete7919, TripAdvisor
San Antonio Children's Museum
Named San Antonio's Best Museum in the 2010 Nickelodeon Parents' Choice Awards, San Antonio Children's Museum has ushered more than two million guests through its educational wonderland since opening in 1995. Tykes can explore permanent exhibits such as Science City, with hands-on exhibits covering physics, engineering, and how to extract highlighter ink from lightning bugs. In PowerBall Hall, children man simple machines to send orbs up to a lofty cage until the chamber fills and unleashes a spherical torrent down upon the delighted little ones. Other exhibits impart lessons of financial responsibility and proper nutrition in a make-believe bank and market. Membership is calibrated for any permutation of the family unit, and grants amenities including unlimited visits for a year, a subscription to the museum newsletter “Spark!,” and access to more than 40 classes where kids can submit theses on baking-soda volcanoes for peer review.
305 E Houston St.
San Antonio, Texas 78205Get Directions