Specialists employ the help of platelet-rich fibrin to help the customers improve their hair growth and reduce hair loss
What You'll Get
- PRF (platelet-rich fibrin) is an advanced form of PRP (platelet-rich plasma): Technicians apply a strong topical numbing cream and then draw a small sample of blood and spin it in a centrifuge to separate out fibrin and platelets, which are injected into balding areas to help foster collagen production and encourage new hair growth.
- PRF aims to harness the creation of a spongy fibrin matrix that activates the platelets and allows for a longer release of growth factors; PRF contains white blood cells and stem cells within the platelet layer that is collected for treatment
- The benefits of PRF may include:
- Increased collagen production
- Regenerated tissue
- Tightened skin with rejuvenated texture
- Improved hair growth which may help put the brakes on post-partum hair loss
- How many PRF treatments are needed?
- Results can vary from person to person. For hair-loss treatments, usually four monthly consecutive treatments are needed, which are then followed by quarterly treatments to maintain the results. After a year, the treatment frequency can be reduced, based on the specific requirements of the patient.
The Fine Print
About San Diego Eyelid Specialists
San Diego Eyelid Specialists is an Oculoplastic Surgery Clinic, offering services with Dr. Srinivas Iyengar and non-surgical treatments by Tiffany Ross, PA-C.
Non-surgical services offered include Dermal Fillers, Neuromodulators including Botox/Jeuveau/Xeomin/Dysport, and Microneedling skin rejuvenation.