What You'll Get
Today’s Groupon is your passport to cinematic bliss. For $49, you get a five-day all-access pass to the star-studded parties and premieres at the San Diego Film Festival on September 23–27 at the Gaslamp Theater. Even at the current sale price of $99, this deal still saves you 51%.
This deal will appease both types of film-fest fans: those who come for the screens and those who attend for the scene. Attending movie buffs get the chance to watch 85 features, documentaries, shorts, music videos, thrillers, and dramas before their friends watch them—so no one will be able to spoil the ending for you. (Limited seating is reserved for pass-holders, so arrive early). You'll also get to play critic at live Q&A sessions with the flick’s creators and cast after the credits roll. In addition, the fest hosts workshops that let you network and discuss all things motion picture.
If you’re here to indulge your inner ingénue, you can pose for the paparazzi on the red carpet at each night’s A-list after-party. Your pass gets you into all the exclusive cinematic soirees, where you’ll sip martinis, mingle with celebrities, and network with industry insiders.
Who doesn’t like movies? Get someone to go with you. This Groupon is perfect for everyone—from your screenwriter cousin to your tabloid-addicted sister.
Yelpers give the annual film fest four stars:
- I'll take the relative tranquility over Cannes or Sundance any day. The people I met weren't fake and full of themselves. They were genuinely fun people and I couldn't be happier I went. – Christian N.
- This annual event has really picked up steam in the seven years of existence. Opening night was packed! There was media in attendance, and there was a slew of paparazzi-types. – Edwin R.
- There was an attractive crowd that seemed to be having fun as a few people were dancing to what the DJ was spinning. Overall, great night! – Stephani S.
Movies, Unlike Fruit, Are Better Spoiled
The only downside of attending a movie premiere is that you aren’t privy to movie spoilers before viewing the film. Of course, spoilers are right at home on your computer’s Internet, so here are some big spoilers for upcoming films:
- The Murderessesses: A group of female assassins team up to track down a stolen painting. SPOILER: It was all a dream!
- Lt. President: The President is trapped by terrorists at the Smithsonian and must use his Army training to defeat them. SPOILER: You eat a ham sandwich after the movie!
- Ghost-ketball: A deceased professional basketball player haunts his old team towards a winning season. SPOILER: Your son will be more successful than you!
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 28, 2009. Amount paid never expires. May purchase multiple as gifts. Not for resale. Nonrefundable. Pass does not guarantee seating. Arriving 30–40 prior to film start time strongly recommended. Expires last day of festival. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.