1,800-acre safari park lets visitors get close and personal with wild animals, including elephants, lions, and rare Sumatran tigers
What You'll Get
- One 1-Day Pass for One Adult or Child at San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- 1-Day Pass includes Africa Tram, Cheetah Run, and all regularly scheduled shows. Use San Diego Zoo Safari Park’s Plan Your Day tool and Park Map to make the most of your visit.
Parking is available for an additional fee.
How to Schedule
- You must wait 24 hours after purchasing your voucher to use it.
- No reservations required; just present your voucher upon arrival at the turnstiles.
San Diego Zoo Safari Park
Step into an adventure like no other! The San Diego Zoo Safari Park immerses you in an active, safari experience where herds of animals roam natural habitats in a 1,800-acre reserve. Choose from a variety of exciting safari expeditions by tram, caravan truck, electric cart, zip line, and more, all with expert guides and fascinating animal information (additional charges may apply). See lions lounging in the grasslands, antelope and giraffes mingling, storks and crowned cranes on the march, rhinos wallowing in waterholes, and a family herd of African elephants foraging and playing. Come face-to-face with rare Sumatran tigers, then stroll among kangaroos in Walkabout Australia. Discover the adventure of conservation in action at this leading-edge wildlife park. A full day of active fun awaits!
The Safari Park’s Base Camp is your starting point for adventure around the world, including Africa, Asia, North America, and, as of summer 2018, Australia. See lions lounging, antelope and giraffes mingling, and rhinos wallowing in waterholes in the African Plains. Discover Asia’s oryx, Przewalski’s horses, and one-horned rhinos, plus the excitement of getting up close to rare Sumatran tigers at Tiger Trail. Explore endangered North American species like the California condor, burrowing owl, and bighorn sheep, plus the wonders of the Baja Garden.
And now, walk among kangaroos and wallabies and encounter cassowaries in the Park’s newest adventure, Walkabout Australia. This Aussie-style safari takes you on a strolling journey through the country, mingling with kangaroos, wallabies, and magpie geese, encountering tree kangaroos in their forest canopy and weird and wonderful cassowaries, and finding out about water conservation and the traditions of sheep ranching to produce wool and yarn for weaving at the Zuest Station.
A world of action and fun awaits you at this leading wildlife park and conservation center!
On August 12, 2018 a new baby elephant named Umzulazuli was born onsite, adding to the herd of 12 other elephants at the zoo.
The Fine Print
About San Diego Zoo Safari Park
San Diego Zoo Safari Park is a wildlife sanctuary featuring more than 3,000 animals. The 1,800 acre park invites guests to witness wildlife through their eight safari options. As such, the Behind the Scenes safari provides a look into keeper-only areas with elephants, kangaroos, lions, giraffes and more. What’s more, the San Diego Zoo Safari Park features a botanical collection of 3,500 species.
Safaris (additional charges apply):
- Caravan Safari: features an up close view of Asian and African birds and mammals, complete with the opportunity to feed giraffes.
- Flightline Safari:offers a bird’s-eye view from a zip line that hovers 2/3 of a mile over the animal exhibits.
- Roar & Snore Safari: a sleepover adventure complete with a campfire and guided walks for an after-hours look at wildlife.
- Ultimate Safari: a completely customizable experience to suit your interests.
- Jungle Rope Safari: guests use a Smart Belay to navigate through the trails of the park.
- Cheetah Safari: features the chance to witness a cheetah run experience.
- Cart Safari: guests travel by cart through African Plains or Asian Savanna