What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 1, 2015. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About San Jose Museum of Art
Since 1969, the San Jose Museum of Art has acquired works that define the art of the time. Over the decades, that has included abstract paintings from the mid-20th century, sculptures from Bay Area artists, and new media works that echo the rise of Silicon Valley. Many have been drawn to the museum's artistic cause; in fact, more than 95% of the permanent collection has come from donations.
- Inside the Rotating Collection: Exhibitions include the immersive video and light installation Beta Space: Diana Thater (through September 13) and Covert Operations: Investigating the Known Unknowns (opens August 29), in which 13 international artists explore issues of surveillance and privacy in a post-9/11 world.
- Hands-On Activities: Visitor photography encouraged; free Art Packs filled with gallery activities; sketching and poem-writing activities
- The Building: a 19th-century library with a new wing added in 1991 to accommodate the growing collection
- Pro Tip: the museum stays open late (until 8 p.m.) on the third Thursday of every month
- Special Programs: free guided tours, artist interviews, and a kids' art camp