Star Certified smog check technicians perform state-required biennial smog checks that measure the amount & type of pollutants vehicles emit
About This Deal
- Required additional fees: state-mandated fees ($8.25 CA certification fee and $1.75 ETF)
- User must present the Groupon Voucher before they receive service.
Coupon will be redeemed by our technician prior to starting work. Payment of the certificate and transmission fee will follow after the test is done.
- Smog checks are designed to measure the amount and type of pollutants vehicles are emitting. A smog check may include any of the following tests:
- Visual inspection of emission control components and systems
- Functional inspection of the vehicle’s check engine light, ignition timing, exhaust gas recirculation system, fuel evaporative system, and gas cap
- Functional inspection of the vehicle’s On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) system
- Tailpipe emissions inspection
- Vehicle restrictions:
- Vehicles must be from 1996-1999
- Not valid for motorhomes, inspection trucks, inspection vans, inspection RVs, trucks, vans, diesel trucks, or pickup trucks with a gross vehicle weight greater than 6,000 lbs.
This is a Test-Only station licensed by the BAR only to perform Smog Checks. They are not authorized to diagnose the reasons for a Smog Check failure or perform repairs on vehicles.
- “Free retest” is only for the cars 2000 and newer.
Need To Know
About Roseville Auto Smog
Located in Roseville, Roseville Auto Smog is a woman-owned STAR-Certified test-only smog check station performing smog inspections for all types of vehicles—cars, trucks, vans, RV's, and even diesel and hybrids.