Without dog races, greyhounds would live a mundane existence of learning to sit, fetching the paper, and managing bus companies. Spice up canines’ lives with today’s Groupon.
$25 for a greyhound-race outing for two (up to a $51.90 value)
$45 for a greyhound-race outing for four (up to a $103.80 value)<p>
For both outings, each participant receives the following:
- Clubhouse admission (a $2 value each)
- A racing program (up to a $3 value each)
- A gaming voucher (a $5 value each)
- A meal at the Clubhouse restaurant (up to a $15.95 value each). The menu features American fare, such as:
- 10 oz., center cut new york strip steak served with house salad, dinner rolls, and choice of side
- Grilled mahi fillet served with house salad, dinner rolls, and choice of side<p>
Sanford Orlando Kennel Club
Four times a week, the Sanford Orlando Kennel Club unleashes its greyhound dogs for live, competitive contests with up to 16 races per day. Spectators can nosh trackside on savory American fare or wander the grandstand or clubhouse between heats while gazing at the tidy midfield and lush foliage framing the track. A full card of simulcast racing compliments the live action. On monitors throughout the club, nationwide greyhound, thoroughbred, and harness races beam in stretch runs and photo finishes. Once a week, amateur poker players assemble at tables overlooking the track, hoping to win a slot at a monthly or regional tournament, or to get the rare opportunity to play cards with a dog.
The Sanford Orlando Kennel Club nurtures their canine athletes long after retirement with the Adopt a Greyhound program. The initiative places dogs into loving homes with the help of four area adoption agencies, who also find school-bus-driver vacancies for retired stock-car drivers.