- Exciting cardio exercise
- Scenic water landscapes
- Equipment included in lesson
- Friendly instructors
About This Deal
Before man conquered his fear of water, he amused himself with dust sports such as pushing boulders off cliffs, wrestling tumbleweeds, and falling in the dust. Revel in aquatic activity with today's Groupon to Santa Cruz Stand Up Paddle Board Co., which has locations at Santa Cruz Yacht Harbor and in Los Gatos. A low-impact but physically challenging water sport, stand-up paddleboarding places upright bipeds on the aqua firma, resulting in an exciting core aerobic exercise tinged with the palpable feeling of walking on water. Helmed by veteran surfer Neil Pearlberg, the friendly instructive paddlers can ably infuse students' legs with the balance and confidence needed for a lifetime of surface-skimming. Alternately, more confident gliders can secure rental equipment and embark on their own to explore the watery landscape and burn calories (see pricing). Choose one of the following options:
- For $20, you get three hours of stand-up paddleboard rental (a $45 value).
- For $20, you get a one-hour stand-up paddleboard lesson (a $40 value).
Five Yelpers give Santa Cruz Stand Up Paddle Board Co. a perfect five-star average, and it's been featured on NBC Bay Area:
- And newcomers needn't worry: the Stand Up Paddle Board Company in Santa Cruz is only too happy to teach you how to cruise along in the water like you were born and raised in Hawaii. – Matt Baume, NBC Bay Area
- Try it out, you'll love it! – Winona H., Yelp