- $7 for admission for two ($10 value)
- Kids 12 and under get in free.
- Click to see the aquarium hours.
Santa Monica Pier Aquarium
The horses spinning on the carousel might be the flashiest creatures at the Santa Monica Pier, but venture one story down and you'll find an entire world of life swimming below. At the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium, aquatic characters from sea stars and seahorses to sharks and rays come together to delight more than 85,000 visitors each year while inspiring them to get involved in the mission of conservation.
- Size: 4,500 square feet holding more than 100 species of marine animals and plants.
- Crown Jewel: The pier exhibit, a 2,200-gallon tank where sea stars, perch, leopard sharks, and rays all swim directly beneath the Santa Monica Pier.
- Eye Catcher: The open-topped shark and ray exhibit, which allows for up-close viewing of horn sharks, swell sharks, and sting rays.
- Hands-On Activities: Get a hug from a spiky sea urchin, examine sea life through microscopes, go on a scavenger hunt, or create an octopus puppet to help one of the aquarium's residents process its feelings.
- Special Programs: Story time for kids and Shark Sundays, when experts give presentations on these misunderstood animals of the deep.
- Pro Tip: The animals are most active during feeding times on Tuesday and Friday afternoons, and during Shark Sundays.