Enjoy authentic Louisiana Creole cuisine at this eatery, which serves up hearty bowls of gumbo, tasty po’boys, classic burgers, and more
About This Deal
Choose Between Two Options
- $12.50 for $20 worth of food for two (must order two entrees)
- $25 for $40 worth of food for four (must order four entrees)
Need To Know
About Sassafras Restaurant
Located just a short walk from Lake Pontchartrain, Sassafras Restaurant serves up authentic New Orleans cuisine in a stately atmosphere.
- Smothered okra and shrimp: This classic creole entree features okra, succulent shrimp, and smoked sausage slow-cooked with creole seasonings and spices, then served with white rice.
- Cajun baked redfish: Red drum fish generally has a mild flavor. Not so in this signature entree, which begins with a marinade of Cajun spices prior to baking, before plating the fish beside yams and asparagus.
- St. Roch seafood pasta: Angel-hair pasta forms the base of this hearty dish, which is topped with sautéed Gulf shrimp and crawfish tails in a flavorful cream sauce made with garlic, green onions, and parmesan cheese.