What You'll Get
Jump to: What Held Up The Perfect Club?
Improve your swing and social skills without sacrificing your schedule or scheduling sacrifices to the gods of scheduling with today’s Groupon. For $69, you’ll get a $169 golf membership to Sassy Golf, a stress-free women’s golf league that’s been featured in the Denver Daily News and Denver Business Journal. As a member, you’ll receive half off every game you play, plus a complimentary Dimension Z Wedge, $10 Golfsmith gift card, and discounts on golf gear and clothing. Each round includes nine holes, golf-cart rental, a golf lesson, a ghost visit from Bobby Jones, and a beverage of your choice. Click here for a complete listing of membership perks.
Sassy Golf caters to lady linksters looking to enjoy the sport socially and sporadically. Owner Nancy Collins founded the league as a breezy alternative to high-maintenance golfing groups. Women can sign up to play as their schedules permit and enjoy instruction, the company of likeminded ladies, and discounted golf. Tee times and events are color coded according to the course, and you can cancel up to 24 hours before an event for a full refund.
Being social and active often requires commitment, a conversation-starting hat, and moderate alacrity with a bullwhip. Though other athletic opportunities may deem you flaky, Sassy Golf does not punish, judge, or discriminate against your free-spirited ways. Instead, Sassy Golf rotates Denver Metro golf courses each week, discounts indoor practice in the winter, and offers monthly co-ed rounds so that you never get bored.
You must complete your one-year membership by December 31, 2010.
What Held Up The Perfect Club?
Picking up today’s Groupon gets you tons of tee times and a free Dimension Z golf club. The Dimension Z club is state-of-the-art, but it actually took 26 attempts to arrive at the perfect club. Here’s what hindered some of the earlier designs:
- Dimension A: Every golf ball it hit exploded into a fine powder.
- Dimension D: Pointing it at a golf ball caused a space-time flux in which Kennedy was still president.
- Dimension E: Was scrapped when it turned out that no one was familiar with celeb endorser/Princeton philosopher Kwame Anthony Appiah.
- Dimension J: For some reason, The Golf Club That’s Also A Live Goose! failed at market.
- Dimension M: This club’s cybernetic AI bonded with its user and also committed crimes in the night.
- Dimension P: The chemicals that gave this club its unique heated grip caused several lakes to catch on fire.
- Dimension Q: Too many sexually suggestive TV ads.
- Dimension U: Most states forbade a golf club that was also a firearm.
- Dimension V: Neither men nor women wanted a club that was “Strong Enough For a Man but Not Yet Proven Harmful For a Woman.”
- Dimension W: Looking at it caused baldness, or at least that’s what a bunch of bald crybabies said.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 1, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. May buy multiple as gifts. Not valid with other offers. Must sign up and complete full 1 year membership by 12/31/10. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Sassy Golf
With the aim of helping women learn golf fundamentals and find a network of like-minded players, golf visionary Nancy Collins founded the all-female league known as Sassy Golf. Throughout the week, members convene on different Denver-area golf courses to participate in stress-free nine-hole outings. Each round includes a 45-minute group lesson and concludes with a post-game gathering in the clubhouse to bond over divot-settling digestifs. The flexible scheduling allows busy members to register for the outings, clinics, and demonstrations that do not conflict with their personal schedules. In addition to ladies-only adventures, Sassy Golf coordinates monthly 18-hole coed outings during which the sun is converted into a giant disco ball. See the complete list of member benefits.