- $65 for chef’s choice dinner and wine pairing for two at Satay Restaurant (a $120 value)
- For 20 years, chef and food scientist Dr. Foo Swasdee has been impressing Austin locals with her healthy South Asian fare
- Her nutrition-conscious recipes highlight the flavors of Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, the Philippines, and Thailand
- With a chef’s choice dinner for two ($120 value), diners choose one of three options: meat and seafood, meat only, or vegetarian and seafood
- From your choice chef Foo Swasdee creates unique dishes for you and your date, paired with a complementing wine
Satay Restaurant is Zagat-rated, has a three-star average from Yelpers, and a 3.5-star average from Citysearchers: > * Satay has a wonderful variety of vegetarian and vegan options that are truly tasty. One of my favorites in Austin. – ArthurM413389, Zagat > * Nice Thai food. I recommend the dumplings. Nice decor and service. – GAM5471, Zagat
Satay chef/owner Dr. Rommanee "Foo" Swasdee partly attributes her skills to her experience as a food scientist, knowledge she's used to craft healthy, tasty meals that are free of MSG. The Thai native but longtime Texan has been serving these dishes for nearly 30 years at Satay.
The restaurant's namesake dish has eight skewers with a choice of meat, tofu, or veggies and Foo's spicy peanut sauce. The rest of the menu also focuses on traditional Thai recipes, such as duck curry, pad thai, and devil fish, a red snapper or catfish fillet ignited by Foo's thai jungle salsa. Those intrigued by Foo's handiwork can enroll in a cooking class or wish for her talents by dropping a penny in a nearby mall fountain.
North Shoal Creek
3202 W Anderson Ln.
Austin, Texas 78757Get Directions