What You'll Get
Drinking wine is an activity that sometimes makes people believe they’re funnier, smarter, and two feet taller than they actually are. Today’s Groupon prolongs the non-truths with $45 worth of wine at dinner for $20 at Sauce, a full-service restaurant with an impressive wine list.
This deal is designed to bring a little bottled bliss to your culinary adventure. Although it must be used on a bottle of wine initially, you can apply any remaining amount toward food. Uncork a fruity Andrew Murray Tous les Jours Syrah ($36), or splurge on classic black cherry-kissed Wayne Gretzky Estate No. 99 Cabernet Sauvignon ($69). Red, white, oaky, inky, fruity, and flavorful—the extensive menu offers varietals to please all price points and palates. On the solid side, Sauce offers a variety of social plates designed for sharing and combating overly long first-date conversation pauses. Snack on enticing dishes such as sesame shrimp ($12), portobello mushroom fries ($10), and prosciutto-wrapped figs ($11) between sips of fine wineyness.
Drinking wine is like slipping a pair of rose-tinted glasses on your mind. The peaceful pour works quickly to enhance pleasantries (your dining companion, your meal, your hand-cobbled variegated corn ear loafers) while sentencing all your worries to time out in the corner. Get this Groupon and share the fermented grape juice magic with someone you love or someone you want to love you.
- Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!: We had a wonderful evening in this cozy elegant spot just a few blocks from the Opera and Symphony. – puttopal, Yahoo! Local
- I went to Sauce with six of my close friends to celebrate my recent birthday. It was a blast! The staff was helpful and fun. – fizzlesnit, Citysearch
- Finally, while limited in scope, the wine list is spot on for this kind of food and very reasonably priced at ~50% markup over retail versus the 100% we see at most places in the city. – TomKoch, Citysearch
Sauce offers wine from the label created, owned, and exclusively imbibed by hockey great Wayne Gretzky. Here are just a few of Gretzky’s accomplishments that earned him the nickname “The Great One”:
- Made his own ice skates out of a pair of larger ice skates
- Only ate food he grew himself, leading him to go months without eating
- Faked his own death multiple times to read his obituary and address his shortcomings
- Starred in the Canadian version of Space Jam
- Played hockey amazingly well considering he thought it was baseball the whole time
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 24, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. May purchase multiple as gifts. Limit 1 per table. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.