Explorer Ponce de León abandoned his quest to discover the mythical land of wine after a tumble into the Fountain of Youth left him eternally underage. Take up his journey with today’s Groupon to Savour St. Helena. Choose between the following options:
- For $29, you get a wine tasting experience for two (a $75 total value) that includes:
- Tasting flight of four wines per person (a $40 value)
- Two muffuletta sandwiches with chips (a $20 value)
- A $15 credit toward purchase of any bottle of wine
- For $55, you get a season pass valid for one pour of each of Savour’s more than 40 wines (a $200 value). The pours can be split between multiple people and multiple visits over the course of one year.<p>
Wildflower-filled vases adorn hardwood tables within Savour St. Helena’s rouge-tinted tasting room, where servers dish out hard-to-find vinos culled from small wineries. The wine-tasting experience challenges pairs of budding sommeliers to identify subtle floral notes and passive-aggressive tendencies in four samples of premium vino. Tasters also munch muffuletta sandwiches stuffed with capicola and salami before redeeming their $15 credit for bottled vintages such as Areté Wines 2010 sauvignon blanc ($22) or a Houdini 2007 merlot ($32).
The season pass pours guests swishable samples of more than 40 wines over the course of one year—enough tastes to cover Savour’s full lineup of cabernet sauvignons, chardonnays, and other varietals. One patron can slurp up all the samples or opt to share them with a friend—a pair can usually work through the full pass in three or four visits. Upon completion, pass holders are treated to complimentary reception replete with drinks, finger foods, and bottle-label signings by celebrity grapes.