All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
When wine is removed from the dinner party equation, the next best way to exhibit class is with a magnificent fountain that sprays Fancy Feast. Avoid cat food-coated cocktail dresses with today’s Groupon: for $45, you get a six-bottle assortment of wine at Schneider’s of Capitol Hill (a $91.94 value), located only blocks from Union Station. Customer will receive the following palate-pleasing wines:
- Chilensis Reserva Pinot Noir 2008 (a $14.99 value)
- Cigar Box Reserve Malbec 2008 (a $14.99 value)
- Vicchiomaggio Ripa della Mandorle 2007 (a $19.99 value)
- La Noble Chardonnay 2008 (a $14.99 value)
- Odyssea Pinot Grigio 2009 (a $11.99 value)
- QUO Macabeo 80%/Chardonnay 20% 2009 (a $14.99 value)
Sampling a sextet of scrumptious wines doesn’t necessitate a European jaunt or bathtub winery. Schneider’s of Capitol Hill has been slinging tantalizing wines since 1949, with a commitment to providing knowledgeable customer service, maintaining a varied selection, and offering low prices. Fermentation fanatics can deluge taste buds into the raspberry and cherry fruitiness of the Chilensis Reserva Pinot Noir, and discerning noses will detect the green apple and toasted nuts in the La Noble Chardonnay. Throw out bathtub-concocted Snickers wine and indulge in the golden-yellow hue of the QUO Macabeo/Chardonnay.
Wines toting price tags that range from $4,500 to $5 are stored in Schneider’s 15,000-square-foot temperature-controlled warehouse, ensuring a top-notch selection of fermented grape concoctions. From that array of varietals, Schneider’s eight full-time wine consultants have chosen these six wines to give tasters a sampling of the diverse flavors and aromas in their wine arsenal.
Pick-up only. Not valid for delivery.
- With a knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff, a 12,000-bottle inventory of wine, and a fine selection of spirits and beer, this shop is a find on Capitol Hill. – Frommer's
- Without a doubt one of the best - if not the best - liquor store in DC. Schneider's has a great selection of wine and spirits and a very knowledgeable staff. – Jack F., Yelp
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 18, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Pick-up only, delivery not available. Must be 21 or older with valid ID. Expires by 12/18/10. Tax not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Schneider’s of Capitol Hill
When Max Schneider and his son Abe Genderson founded Schneider’s of Capitol Hill in 1949, they had no idea that their store would be around for as long as some of their vintages had aged. Now, after more than 60 years, the family teams up with eight wine consultants to introduce their customers to at least 12,000 varieties of wine and spirits. In addition to vintages accessible to casual consumers, Schneider’s showcases an “old and rare” list of sips, as well as specialty bottles including wines from 1900.