Academic institutions dedicated to rock and/or roll tend to offer superficial seminars, such as Intro to Crowd Surfing, Advanced Hair Growth, and Incendiary Entrances. See the importance of a proper music-based education in the rockish arts with today's Groupon: for $10, you get two tickets to a show from the School of Rock (a $20 value). This Groupon is good for the following performances, featuring kid-performed covers of some of rock's biggest acts:
- Beatles: January 9, at SPACE in Evanston, 2 p.m.
- Weezer/B-52s: Sunday, January 23, at Austin's Fuel Room in Libertyville, 4 p.m.
- Queen: Sunday, January 23, at Austin's Fuel Room, 7 p.m.
- Metallica: Sunday, January 30, at Austin's Fuel Room, 4 p.m.
- Pink Floyd: Sunday, January 30, at Austin's Fuel Room, 7 p.m.
Leave the music making to the semiprofessionals and catch a performance by some of the School of Rock's veteran showstoppers. Relive favorite Fab Four moments at The Beatles cover show in Evanston on January 9, or bask in the alternative sounds of Weezer and the B-52s on January 23. Classic-rock covers can be aurally absorbed at the Queen (January 23) or Pink Floyd (January 30) tribute shows, while metal-minded music fans can headbang to the songs of Metallica (January 30). The family-friendly shows are a great way to introduce your children to the sounds of your youth without staging scenes from old diary entries.