Like classic Hollywood films, tennis matches are filled with multiple loves, sneaky backhanded moves, and tense, sweat-inducing court scenes. Add some drama to your day with today’s Groupon for kids’ tennis lessons at Schroeder Tennis Center in Tipp City. All lessons begin the week of Monday, January 30. Choose from the following options:
- For $39, you get eight weekly indoor beginners’ tennis lessons for children ages 4–5 (an $89 value). Choose between the following lesson times:
- Mondays 5:15 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturdays 9:15 a.m. to 10 a.m.<p>
- For $52, you get eight weekly indoor beginners’ tennis lessons for children aged 6–7 (a $119 value). Choose from the following lesson times:
- Mondays 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fridays 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturdays 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.<p>
- For $59, you get eight weekly indoor beginners’ tennis lessons for children aged 8–10 (a $139 value). Choose from the following lesson times:
- Mondays 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesdays 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Fridays 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturdays 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.<p>
- For $65, you get eight weekly indoor beginners’ tennis lessons for children aged 11–15 (a $155 value). Choose between the following lesson times:
- Mondays 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.<p>
Under the bright lights of Schroeder Tennis Center, an expansive, warehouse-esque facility, USPTA-certified instructors whirl beginning players and recent returnees through the fundamentals of positioning, swing technique, and serving across five climate-controlled indoor courts (seven courts during winter). During lessons, instructors drill 12-24 students on the techniques the pros use to develop powerful forehands, to deliver debilitating drop shots, and to confound opponents by using ventriloquism to talk trash from the other side of the court. Though not included in this Groupon, Schroeder also proffers a racket-stringing service, with which professional stringer Brian Dean, who has strung more than 25,000 rackets, can string or grip ball thwackers and return them within 24 hours.
Schroeder Tennis Center
Racket-wielding instructors at Schroeder Tennis Center help elevate players' tennis acumen with clinics and leagues for athletes of all ages and experience levels. Children's classes acclimate younger players to the game with smaller-sized racquets and courts, and this helps develop basic, size-appropriate skills at an earlier age. Adult classes range from beginner basic courses to high-level clinics, which teach players to smash tennis balls and small planets into orbit. The facilities include climate-controlled indoor courts—five in the summer and seven in the winter—as well as six outdoor courts.