Learning about science in a museum is safer than experiencing it firsthand by accidentally ingesting a science textbook. Embrace science with today's Groupon: for $25, you get a six-month membership valid for up to five people to Science Spectrum Museum (a $50 value), located on South Loop 289.
Lauded in a review by Frommer’s, Science Spectrum Museum educates youngsters on myriad scientific subjects—from technology to animals to outer space—with more than 250 exhibits and a scholastic slate of visually appealing movies. Teensy scientists and their parental counterparts can soak up cleverly communicated knowledge while learning about the biology of the Brazos River, the science of sports, the elements of flight, and the physics of Einstein's half-court slam dunks during his days playing for the Celtics.
The museum's newest exhibition, Hatching the Past, lets paleocentric pee-wees peruse dinosaur eggs and nests. Supplement learning with one of Science Spectrum's films at the OMNI Theater ($6 for museum members). Rotating reels include the upcoming Tornado Alley, a look into the life of storm chasers researching the origins of tornadoes and their mysterious desire to gather in alleys. With this deal, up to five scientific-method lovers get unlimited standard admission for six months, plus the following benefits:
- discounted tickets to the OMNI Theater
- 10% off most purchases at the Science Shop
- invitations to members-only events
- discounts on science classes, camps, and birthday parties
- subscription to the quarterly newsletter
- reciprocating-membership benefits at participating museums in the Association of Science-Technology Centers
- This museum aims to educate children about science and technology, and hits the bull's-eye more often than not. With three floors and 200 exhibits that take 1 to 2 hours to explore, the subject matter runs the gamut from animals and aquariums to space and flight, and many of the displays are interactive. – Frommer’s
- If nothing else, I knew this was going to be a fun place for the kids to get out a lot of energy. It was a huge room filled with play toys and centers. – The Frugal Novice
2579 S Loop 289
Lubbock, Texas 79423Get Directions