All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Italians were not only the first people to put tomatoes in cuisine but also the first to take photographs of themselves pretending to hold up the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Delight in their inventiveness with today’s Groupon to Scopello in Brooklyn. Choose between the following options:
- For $39, you get a four-course dinner for two (up to a $91.50 total value). Dinner includes:
- One appetizer
- One pasta
- Two entrees
- One dessert<p>
- For $69, you get a four-course dinner for four (up to a $183 total value). Dinner includes:
- Two appetizers
- Two pastas
- Four entrees
- Two desserts
Dinner options include:
- Antipasto misto (a $12 value)
- Mozzarella di Bufala (a $9 value)
- Grilled calamari salad (a $9 value)<p>
- Caserecce con sugo di funghi e salsiccia (a $15 value)
- Pennete alla Norma (a $14 value)
- Risotto di mare (a $16 value)<p>
- Pollo balsamic (a $16 value)
- Short rib (a $24 value)
- Yellow-fin tuna (a $20 value)<p>
- Cannolini (an $8 value)
- Panna cotta (an $8 value)
- Gelato limoncello (an 8 value)
At Scopello, which is named after a small village in Sicily, authentic southern-Italian dishes bestow taste buds with the flavors of homemade pasta, imported Italian spices, and local produce. Candlelight bounces off coral walls, casting a warm glow on dining duos and barbershop-less quartets as they share Sicilian favorites from far-reaching corners of the menu.
Flood palates with the flavors of antipasto misto, a checkerboard of chilled deli meats and cheeses holding court with briny olives and eggplant caponata. Woven with hunks of hand-crafted sweet sausage, the caserecce con sugo di funghi e salsiccia backstrokes through a savory mushroom ragu, clinging to rafts of short pasta like a squid clings to a buoy at night. Entrees sate hearty appetites and include tender, red-wine-braised Black Angus short ribs lolling atop a creamy bed of risotto, and bites of free-range birds painted with roasted garlic, rosemary, and balsamic vinegar. The curtain descends on dinner as a sweet spotlight illuminates tangy scoops of limoncello gelato or vanilla panna cotta with strawberry sauce.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 2, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Not valid toward the purchase of alcohol. Dine-in only. Must order from prix-fixe menu. Not valid on holidays. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.