What You'll Get
Subtlety is a hallmark of brilliant art, whether it’s the hint of a smile on the Mona Lisa or the cow on a motorcycle in the background of American Gothic. Dive into the details with this Groupon.
$45 for Annual Duet-Level Membership ($90 Value)
- Two membership cards, valid for two people at the same address
- All benefits for SOLO-level membership, including unlimited art museum admission and invites to members-only events
- Advanced e-mail notifications of early ticket-buying opportunities for events and performances at Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- Discounted admission to workshops, summer camps, and lecture series at both institutions
- Two free tickets to the Scottsdale Arts Festival<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 9, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Must activate by expiration date on your Groupon, membership expires 1 year from activation date. Valid only for new members and those whose memberships expired 4/30/12 or earlier. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art
Nestled within 18,500 square feet and designed by award-winning architect Will Bruder, Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art's quintet of galleries—formerly a cineplex's five theaters—have hosted changing and permanent exhibitions of art, architecture, and design since 1999. The outdoor sculpture garden features acclaimed pieces such as James Turrell's experiential Knight Rise skyspace and James Carpenter Design Associates' Scrim Wall. After viewing the art outside, visitors can return indoors to explore furnishings and jewelry in the shop or examine work by local youth in the young@art gallery. The museum's Visions Teen Program continues to nurture burgeoning talent, pairing teenagers with visual-art teachers and visiting artists. Adults can also enrich their artistic know-how at lectures and workshops until they are able to draw a perfect circle with a pencil still tucked behind their ear. The museum's lounge fosters artistic communities through events ranging from screenings of international art movies to art-making sessions.