Oceans are the earth’s final frontier, holding thousands of uncategorized species of fish and one treasure chest filled with loose doll hairs. Learn to uncover the mysteries of the deep with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
$20 for a Discover Scuba Diving class (a $40 value)
- One-hour class introduces beginners to basic diving skills and safety in the indoor pool
- All necessary scuba equipment is provided<p>
$32 for a Scuba Review Tune-Up course (a $65 value)
- Tune-up course refreshes diving techniques for experienced and previously certified divers, and includes computerized dive-planning and one hour of practice in the pool
- Mask, fins, snorkel, and boots are required and may be purchased onsite; instructors provide tanks, weights, BCDs, and regulators if needed, or customers may bring their own<p>
$199 for a PADI Open-Water Certification course (a $440 value)
- Pool, open-water, and knowledge development
- Mask, fins, snorkel, and boots are required; enrollment includes logbooks and rental of weights, BCDs, and regulator, plus 10% off BCD/regulator packages purchased
- Limited to eight students per instructor<p>
The Playground Dive Shop
Scuba enthusiast Jennifer Feller's unconditional love for underwater sightseeing and pruney fingers constantly prompts her to explore the depths of aqueous avenues far and wide. As an IDC-trained PADI instructor and volunteer search-and-rescue diver, she teaches first responders the indispensable skills needed for effective public-safety diving. At The Playground Dive Shop, Feller's very own scuba emporium, her knowledgeable staff, which includes a retired Navy submariner, unveils a collection of the latest diving gear and repairs broken or faulty equipment. They also empower visitors to take their own watery plunges during a variety of scuba-diving courses, which teach participants the basics of underwater breathing, the techniques needed to earn an open-water certification, and underwater photography tips––such as making sure you snap multiple pictures, just in case a fish blinks.