Students complete the full open-water diving certification course in small groups; with included enriched air certification class
About This Deal
|SSI Open Water Course: Knowledge||Skills||Experience||Equipment|
This globally-recognized certification program is the best way to begin your life-long adventure as a certified scuba diver. Personalized training is combined with in-water practice sessions to ensure you have the skills and experience required to become truly comfortable underwater. You will earn the SSI Open Water Diver certification. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
• SSI course materials- digital learning online access, use of scuba equipment for the pool & open water sessions, professional instruction
• Small group lessons
• Course duration: typically two weekends (one week-end in the pool + one week-end of open water dives)
• Valid toward Open Water certification: Yes
• Required purchase Snorkeling System (mask, fins, snorkel, boots) must be purchased at Scuba Shack. (We will discuss the importance of the exposure system, air-delivery system, information system, buoyancy system, and the accessory system)
• Age restrictions: must be 12 or older; swim 200 yards; tread water or float for 10 minutes
The SSI Open Course graduates each diver through a three-step program:
• Step#1: Academic Sessions: The knowledge Development Portion of the course is designed so you can learn at your own pace and when it’s convenient for you. This is completed via digital online and followed up with short sessions with your Instructor.
• Step #2: Pool Sessions: Develop and practice scuba skills in the pool under direct instructor supervision. As you learn new skills, you’ll build the abilities and confidence needed for diving in open water. Pool sessions are typically completed in one weekend at a local pool.
• Step #3: Open Water Sessions: Get ready to experience everything you’ve learned with the freedom of open water. You will get to complete a minimum of 4 dives to ensure your comfort and abilities in the open water with your instructor. Once you and your instructor agree that you are truly comfortable you will earn your SSI Open Water diver certification! The open water sessions can be completed in one weekend at a local quarry near Nashville.
SSI Enriched Air (32%) Certification: The SSI Enriched Air Nitrox program will teach you how to safely plan and dive with enriched air mixtures of up to 32% or 40% oxygen. Diving with enriched air can increase your no-decompression limits, increase your safety, and reduce the required length of your surface intervals when compared to air. You will earn the SSI Enriched Air Nitrox 32% (a 40% certification is available as an add-on) after completing this program.
Need To Know
About Scuba Shack
Scuba Shack - Where Nashville Learns to Dive! Scuba Shack is an SSI and PADI facility with over 75 years of combined scuba instruction experience (Open Water, Enriched Air, Advanced Open Water, Rescue, Divemaster, & Specialties including Photography, Wreck Diving, Night Diving, Deep Diving, and more. Limited to small class sizes, students learn about proper equipment what's necessary to be a safe and confident diver—including the memorable moment of breathing underwater for the first time. A certification may be earned in as little as two weekends. Dive trips and travel are also offered to destinations such as: the Bahamas, Cozumel, the Cayman Islands, Belize, and beyond.