All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
More than 70 percent of the Earth's surface is covered in water, which fails to explain why the remaining 30 percent contains 100 more aquariums than the moon. Sop up a lunar ocean of experience with today's Groupon: for $9, you get one general admission (up to $19 value) to SEA LIFE Arizona in Tempe.
For those humans who are lamentably landlocked, SEA LIFE Arizona offers a hands-on educational aquatic experience filled with up-close animal viewings, fishy feeding frenzies, interactive encounters, and more. Seafaring adventure awaits across the multifaceted aquarium map, charting a knowledge-clogged journey through 26,000 square feet of salt and freshwater chambers that house more than 5,000 aqua-inhalers, including sharks, stingrays, and dexterously tentacled octopus gardeners. Along the bubble-bounded stroll through the transparent tunnel, tactile learners can use special touch tanks to interact with tidal denizens and discover secret starfish handshakes. Catch a variety of aquarium activities throughout the week, including shark, ray, and seahorse feedings; daily discussions of the latest underwater gossip; and close encounters with nature's most misunderstood predatory polyp, the sea anemone.
- I was very entertained by the stingray/small shark tank and I loved the HUGE area with all of the fish, stingrays, and sharks swimming around. – Tina T., Yelp
- The whole place is decorated as if its under water. The lighting effects are really nice too. My son was so excited every time we turned a corner he could not contain himself. – Nicola H., Yelp
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 7, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Valid for children or adults. Valid only at Tempe location. Not valid for group events, field trips, or parties. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Sea Life Arizona Aquarium
The scenes inside Sea Life's tanks are like a Where's Waldo? book come to life, except the protagonists within the underwater tableau aren't awkwardly dressed like candy canes. Thousands of fish swirl through the waters, and you could easily spend hours picking out specific species.
Seahorses, on the other hand, swim in open view. So does other marine life—especially once you enter the ocean tunnel, which simulates the experience of walking across the ocean floor. Blacktip reef sharks roam overhead and flash their menacing teeth at the cownose stingrays, who appear to smile back.
The aquarium's more interactive attractions explain what makes undersea life so appealing. At the touchpool, for instance, education hosts explain the lives of coastal creatures, letting visitors touch everything in the exhibit, including sea stars and hermit crabs.
Even though Sea Life spans 20 displays and thousands of sea creatures, only so many creatures can call the aquarium home. To help marine life outside its walls, Sea Life runs and participates in many different conservation campaigns and programs. Sea Life aquarium rescues seals, finds permanent homes for disabled sea turtles, and breeds seahorses to protect these endangered species from extinction.