What You'll Get
The power of the silver screen goes beyond the efforts of big-budget computer-generated imaging, celebrity billing, clichéd genre catering, and monster raspberry cookies. Today’s Groupon celebrates the movies that unite audiences world-wide: for $25, get an Enthusiast Membership to the Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF), a $55 value. Expand your cinematic horizons to see how filmmakers from all over the world translate their stories into moving picture-radios.
Without the extravagance of airfare or the blandness of steamed spinach, Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) gives you globe-hopping status with a lens into original stories told from the perspectives of a variety of cultures and histories. Laud your level of refinement over the blockbuster appetites of your peers with access to the latest works from Marco Risi and Donatella Maiorca, or nostalgic masterpieces, such as 1962’s Le Combat Dans L’île and 1950’s Rashomon. The Enthusiast Membership is tax-deductible and gets you discounted tickets to the SIFF Cinema and Festival as well as early bird discounts for Festival tickets and passes. The accompanying membership card also gets you invites to complimentary preview screenings of shows you won’t be able to see or brag about seeing anywhere else.
See movies that haven’t already had the plot given away through high-adrenaline trailers, and witness stories told to illuminate the human experience rather than to cash in on it. Impress the masses with your ability to seamlessly integrate the names of foreign movies and actors into everyday conversation. The elevated escapism offered by SIFF will redefine the theater experience for you. And, with a whole new film center coming in the new year, your oasis for international fare is getting even oasisier.
- The biggest film festival in North America. Not only that, it's aiming for the general public rather than the industry. Always good movies. – Henrik B.
- It's fun to pick movies from the website and take your chances on foreign films you may not see otherwise. – Angie K.
- Always excited to see something new and unexpected year after year. – reese h.
Movies, Unlike Fruit, Are Better Spoiled
Movie spoilers are all over the Internet and Groupon didn't want to be left out. Here are some big spoilers for upcoming films:
- The Murderessesses: A group of female assassins team up to track down a stolen painting. SPOILER: It was all a dream!
- Lt. President: The President is trapped by terrorists at the Smithsonian and must use his Army training to defeat them. SPOILER: You eat a ham sandwich after the movie!
- Ghost-ketball: A deceased professional basketball player haunts his old team toward a winning season. SPOILER: Your son will be more successful than you!
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 5, 2010. Amount paid never expires. New members only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
The SIFF team scours the globe in search of extraordinary films. Their mission is to bring the community—and the world—together through quality international showings, and they host premieres, classic films, and revivals at the SIFF Cinema Uptown, SIFF Cinema Egyptian, and the SIFF Film Center 365 days each year.
As one of the largest and best-attended film festivals in the U.S., the Seattle International Film Festival reaches more than 150,000 moviegoers each year. The 25-day festival presents more than 250 features and 150 short films from more than 70 countries during its run, giving people a perfect excuse to try out an all-popcorn diet.