Glass can be exquisite in its myriad forms, from the ornate windows of a Gothic cathedral to the crystalline webbing of a freshly vandalized windshield. Reflect on beauty with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $75 for a Blow Your Own Glass hands-on experience for one ($150 value)
- $142.50 for a Blow Your Own Glass hands-on experience for two ($285 value)
- $150 for a Blow Your Own Glass Hearts hands-on experience for two ($300 value)
- $272.50 for a four-hour beginner private lesson for up to three people ($545 value)
- $75 for a group workshop class for one ($150 value)
Classes are only for beginners, and are not valid for current students of any skill level.
Seattle Glassblowing Studio & Gallery
The craft masters at Seattle Glassblowing Studio & Gallery guide pupils to artistic bliss by expounding on a spectrum of steps needed to create intricate pieces. Whether joining 10–25 fellow artisans in a group workshop or forming a clique in a one- to three-person private class, students turn provided materials into bowls, cups, and decorative piles of glass shards. Professional glass wielders safely impart etiquette and basic techniques such as gathering glass on a rod and shaping it into colorful geometric forms.
The shop's instructors also offer their own artistic services, including custom commissions such as functional lighting and installation pieces. Damaged glass heirlooms undergo repairs in the cold-working shop, where artisans restore shattered pieces and polish away dullness left behind by covetous pawing.
98% of 703 customers recommend
“Must try at least once. Very cool stuff. Lots to learn and appreciate by the time you leave.”
“This was so much fun! It makes you appreciate the work that artists put into every piece of glass.”