A restaurant meal is incomplete without its after-dinner mint, which cleanses the palate before patrons gnaw a subterranean tunnel home. Chew the scenery with today’s Groupon to Seven Star Street Bistro in Roslindale. Choose between the following options:
- For $20, you get a Chinese dinner for two (up to a $42 total value) that includes:
- One small white rice plate (a $1 value)
- Two small bites (up to an $8 value each)
Two wok dishes (up to a $13 value each)
- For $35, you get a Chinese dinner for four (up to an $84 total value) that includes:
- Two small white rice plates (a $1 value each)
- Four small bites (up to an $8 value each)
- Four wok dishes (up to a $13 value each)<p>
Dinner is served from 5 p.m. to close.
Seven Star Street Bistro’s father-son duo draws from years spent behind the scenes of a family eatery to harmoniously commingle Asian wok dishes with small bites inspired by Chinese street vendors. Small bites claim the menu’s first columns with dishes such as the customer favorite Seven Star hot and sour soup, in which sesame oil, chopped scallions, and chicken fight in a tangy pool. The shanghai shredded pork, like most of its wok entree cohorts, accommodates vegetarian diets with the option to swap out meat for tofu or veggies. Chefs carve chicken breasts into ribbons or busts of Spinoza before steeping them in a sweet brown sauce for the hunan sesame chicken served atop shredded lettuce and crunchy noodles.
Flinging its doors and portals to alternate dimensions wide in June, Seven Star Street Bistro showcases recently renovated floors, booths, and tables rife with wooden slats. Wooden paneling underscores walls drenched in alternating crimson, white, and tan hues.