Explore the beautiful and historic sights of San Francisco while riding a Segway. This narrated tour lets you visit points of interest along San Francisco’s waterfront while riding one of the most futuristic – and fun-to-master – modern modes of transportation, the Segway personal transporter. After 45 minutes of training on the i2 Segway, you’ll depart as a group and see such sights as Fisherman’s Wharf, Maritime Park and the North Beach neighborhood on this tour of the city, which includes plenty of stops for photos. Each guest is issued a compact radio receiver so they don’t miss a detail of guides’ explanations of noteworthy sites along the way.
Event Description: Your narrated "Waterfront Tour Route" will feature spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay while you visit:
- Municipal Pier and Aquatic Park
- Fisherman's Wharf and its picturesque fishing harbors
- Cable Car turnaround
- Ghirardelli Square, home of delicious chocolate!
- National Maritime Museum and the historic sailing ships at Hyde Street Pier
- Spectacular views of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge
- Fish Alley, Fisherman's Chapel, WWII Liberty Ship and Submarine Pampanito
- Visit behind the scenes where the fishing industry, fleet and seafood processing are located
- See the Dungeness Crab Stands in Historic Fisherman's Wharf
- Time permitting, a loop through North Beach San Francisco's Little Italy.
Tours are 2.5 hours long, including a 45 minute training session.
Dress according to the weather; remember the waterfront is often cool and damp compared to the rest of the city.