Projection-screen TVs are great for broadcasting big games, watching Super Bowl commercials up close, and covering holes in the wall where winning football teams crashed through in celebration. Ogle life-size athletes with today’s Groupon to Shark City in Glendale Heights. Choose from the following options:
- For $17, you get a bar night for two (up to a $37.95 total value) that includes:
- One appetizer (up to a $7.95 value)
- Two drinks (up to a $7 value each) or four drinks Sunday–Wednesday
- Cover charge for two (up to an $8 value each)<p>
- For $32, you get a bar night for four (up to a $75.90 total value) that includes:
- Two appetizers (up to a $7.95 value each)
- Four drinks (up to a $7 value each) or eight drinks Sunday–Wednesday
- Cover charge for four (up to an $8 value each)<p>
- For $45, you get a bar night for six (up to a $113.85 total value) that includes:
- Three appetizers (up to a $7.95 value each)
- Six drinks (up to a $7 value each) or 12 drinks Sunday–Wednesday
- Cover charge for six (up to an $8 value each)<p>
Customers who redeem their Groupons Sunday–Wednesday when there is no cover charge will receive two drinks per person.
Bustling crowds flow through Shark City, a 17,000-square-foot sports bar and live-music hub where tunes pump out of a high-quality stereo system and a 3,000-square-foot heated beer garden hosts outdoor imbibers. Four 12-foot projection screens and more than 25 HDTVs flare to life with matches of brawn that include every Blackhawks game, UFC face-offs, stock-car races, high-stakes miming tournaments, and tussles between NCAA, MLS, and NFL rivals. Currents of libations such as Corona or Grey Goose float the menu’s deep-fried appetizers to gastro chambers. While chatting and dancing, parties munch on onion rings with spicy ranch sauce, breaded Wisconsin cheese curds, or oven-baked, lightly salted pretzels with a bistro dipping sauce.
Hometown and touring musical acts stride onto a multicolored stage and drop pulsating beats on Fridays and Saturdays. Throughout the week, bar hoppers riffle through thousands of songs compiled in an Internet jukebox’s virtual library, selecting favorite accompaniments for games of pool or interpretive-dance numbers. Outdoor patrons clustered inside curtained-in alcoves or around umbrella-shaded tables in the heated beer garden enjoy brews and sports games atop a stone and brick patio.