Brewery located in a 19th-century building offers a chance to see the brewing process first-hand and try craft beer
About This Deal
- What’s included: Each person receives a tour, a 12-ounce beer, a souvenir glass or equivalent item, and a bag of chips.
- Age restriction: Must be 19 or older with a valid ID.
- Transportation: the nearest bus station is King at Memorial
About Shawn & Ed Brewing
It all started with a dream. Shawn Till and Ed Madronich hoped to open their own brewery for over 20 years. One day, they decided it was time to make this dream come true. After finding a perfect location - a historical landmark, old Dundas Curling and Skating Rink - they could finally start to produce craft beer under the name of Shawn & Ed Brewing. With the brewmaster Rob Creighton on board, they produce craft brews with focus on quality.
Here's what visitors may find on tap:
- Barrelshed No. 1: 6.5% ABV, this award-winning brew is characterized by a deep amber or ruby color and a dense off-white head. Hoppy flavor is accompanied by pine, citrus rind, nectarine, and grass notes, and balanced by a biscuit-like body as well as toffee and caramel aromas.
- Lagershed Original: 5.2% ABV, this pilsner-style lager features a gold color and a crisp, clean taste. Made with quality Bavarian hops and malt.