Choose from Six Options
- $45 for a concealed-handgun-license class for one ($75 value)
- $89 for a concealed-handgun-license class for two ($150 value)
- $59 for a Girls with Guns 101 or basic-pistol-training class for one ($125 value)
- $109 for a Girls with Guns 101 or basic-pistol-training class for two ($250 value)
- $109 for a concealed-handgun-license prep and concealed-handgun-license combo class for one ($200 value)
- $209 for a concealed-handgun-license prep and concealed-handgun-license combo class for two ($400 value)
See the class descriptions for more details. Divided between a classroom and the shooting-range session, the four- to six-hour concealed-handgun course covers relevant topics for lawfully carrying and discharging a firearm. Successful completion of the course qualifies students to apply for their license. The staff advises that the standard CHL class is for more advanced students, though beginners can sign up for the CHL-prep combo course, which adds additional shooting instruction and totals eight hours.
Two-hour basic pistol courses and Girls with Guns 101 classes cover all fundamentals needed to safely and confidently handle a handgun.
Free gun rental is available upon request, though students are encouraged to bring their own. Basic pistol courses and Girls with Guns 101 course requires 100 rounds of ammunition ($15–$20 for a box of 50 rounds) and a $30 range fee. The CHL-only class requires 50 rounds of ammunition and a $15 range fee. The combo class requires 150 rounds of ammunition and a $30 range fee. See the schedule for upcoming sessions.
Sheepdog Tactical Training, LLC
Live-fire training takes place at an outdoor range, which accommodates handguns and rifles.
Free gun rental is available upon request.
At a Glance
Sheepdog Tactical Training, LLC's NRA-certified instructors—including an Army veteran and a retired Special Forces sergeant major—share their expertise in firearm safety and self-defense skills with an array of classes for all levels. At their facility, or other convenient locations for students, the teachers introduce or help build upon techniques for handling pistols, rifles, and shotguns. They cover subjects such as grip, trigger control, and advanced-fighting skills. To cater to varying comfort levels, they also administer private lessons and lead women's-only classes.
- Most Relevant
- Most Recent
- Most Helpful