What You Get
- $49 for a sushi meal for two (up to $61.95 value)
- $98 for a sushi meal for four (up to $123.90 value)
Each pair receives:
- One appetizer
- Two signature maki mono rolls
- Three classic maki sushi rolls
See the menu.
Reserve - How It Works
Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select “Check Availability” to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal
- Visit “My Groupons” or tap the mobile app to make a reservation
- Select day and time online to secure reservation
- Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you
Don't be fooled by Shinju Sushi's casual exterior. Chicago Reader lauded the restaurant as "[m]ore ambitious and upscale than most of the restaurants in Hyde Park." Japanese wall tapestries and rice-paper partitions accent the space while sushi chefs work nearby in an open kitchen stocked with fresh fish and produce. Learn more ways this BYOB restaurant transports diners straight to Japan.
Four Tips for Your Visit to Shinju Sushi
- Try one of the popular dishes: The Godzilla maki roll combines crunchy tempura with shrimp, avocado, cream cheese, masago, and the same kind of spicy mayo that gives the eponymous movie monster its fire-breathing powers.
- Fish isn't the only filling available: Sushi chefs roll roasted duck into their peking maki roll, for example.
- Consider vegetarian options: The chefs make sweet-potato maki along with nine other meat-free maki mono rolls.
- They do pizza a little differently here: The seafood japanese pizza appetizer mixes shrimp, octopus, and other seafood into a pan-fried batter made with fish broth.