Guests enjoy sightseeing and views of a waterfall on 62-foot cruiser complete with restaurant and bar, live commentary, and restrooms
What You'll Get
About Rainbow Falls tour: The Laroan departs port for a 2.5-hour scenic cruise on the majestic Harrison Lake. The Capitan points towards the North West and Mt. Breckenridge. From the comfort of a 62-foot boat, passengers travel around Echo Island and into the Cascade peninsula. On arrival at the dock below the 2,700-foot waterfall, there is a short 5-minute walk into the base of Rainbow Falls. Once on the boat, travel is parallel to Sasquatch Provincial Park before arriving back in the Harrison Resort Marina. The restaurant and bar are open throughout the entire duration featuring freshly cooked food, and daily drink specials. The knowledgeable onboard team will provide light commentary, and help to answer questions regarding the history, region, and ecosystems surrounding the journey.
- What’s included:
- 2.5-hour cruise on Harrison Lake
- Scenic views of Mt. Breckenridge, Echo Island, Cascade peninsula, Rainbow Falls, and Sasquatch Provincial Park
- 5-minute walk into the base of Rainbow Falls
- Light commentary
- Available dates: February 15, 2020 - April 12, 2020
- Departure time: 11:30 a.m.
- Departure location: 100 Esplanade Avenue, Harrison Hot Springs, BC V0M 1K0
- Free admission for children 4 and under
- All passengers are not to bring their own food. A food service will be offered on all cruises. Exceptions will be made for passengers with special dietary requirements
- Animals will not be permitted unless they are required for disability assistance.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 23, 2020. Amount paid never expires. Online reservation required. All sales final after voucher is viewed. Tours begin 2/15/20; clients may call to inquire about availability for tours prior to this date. Food not included. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 90 days. Subject to availability. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Shoreline Tours
The placid waters of Harrison Lake cut a gentle crescent through British Columbia's Coast Mountains, collecting glacial runoff waters into a basin that's as scenic as it is frigid.
The company's sightseeing guides welcome visitors aboard Laroan, their 62-foot Transport-Canada-certified boat. Outfitted with sightseeing decks, a BBQ grill, and a full kitchen and dining area, the boat acts as a home away from home during tours of the lake, as well as the Harrison River and Port Douglas. Read on to learn more about the tours:
- Harrison Lake: During this two-hour tour, the Laroan charts a course along the lake's west side, floating past the green waters of Echo Bay, the towering rock formations of Echo Island, and the cold cascades of Rainbow Falls. The tour includes expert narration throughout, and concludes with a cruise past Sasquatch Provincial Park.
- Harrison River: The Laroan takes a sharp turn on this three-hour tour, leaving the lake for the currents of Harrison River. There, you might spot some of the area's abundant salmon population, as well as barking seals and bald eagles keeping watch high overhead.
- Port Douglas: This all-day tour takes passengers to the lake's northern banks. There sits the remnants of Port Douglas, a former gold rush town that's been abandoned back to nature. You'll learn about Port Douglas's boom and bust, as well as take in leisurely views of the surrounding mountains and water.