Choose Between Two Options
- $55 for one ticket to the Shuck It! Beer & Oyster Festival on Saturday, October 24 with All you can handle food and drinks (includes alcohol) ($75 value)
- $99 for two tickets to the Shuck It! Beer & Oyster Festival on Saturday, October 24 with All you can handle food and drinks (includes alcohol) ($150 value)
The best place to get oysters in DC reappears once every year at the annual Georgetown Shuck It! Beer & Oyster Festival. The fest brings together locally sourced oysters and craft beers and wines for a delicious afternoon. Try the grilled and freshly shucked oysters, plus a few non-seafood eats, before downing a local beer or wine and listening to live music by rockabilly band Jumpin’ Jupiter. Other available food includes oyster shooters, Steamship beef, and a Pig Roast. The fest takes place from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Here's a quick guide on how to eat oysters:
- Step One: Hold the shell in one hand and a shellfish fork in the other
- Step Two: Spear the oyster with the fork and dip it in any provided sauces. Eat it off the fork. Experts recommend trying at least the first oyster without any sauce to get a good sense of its taste.
- Alternative Method: Dip the fork into the sauce and dollop the sauce onto the oyster. Use the fork to loosen the oyster from the shell. Slurp it down in one bite.