Discover the unique Barbary Coast, an exciting area that's evolved into a food lover's paradise. On this three-hour walking tour from Sidewalk Food Tours, you'll enjoy food and drink samples from six of the neighborhood's authentic mom-and-pop restaurants and ethnic eateries. Explore a world-famous delicatessen that's presented a salami to the pope, nosh on pizza or rosemary focaccia from a 100-year-old bakery, nibble on decadent handmade truffles and more. Between tastings, your knowledgeable guide will give you an insider's look into how the foods are made at these eateries along with information about this historical neighborhood. All food and beverage tastings are included with the tour. Please see the full event description for a list of tasting locations.
Flavorful food specialties are served from five of the following locations (subject to change):
- Ligurian Bakery: celebrating over 100 years of business (est. 1913)
- Tony’s Pizza Napoletana: Award-winning travel writer Larry Olmsted declares Tony’s the top pizzeria in the nation
- XOX Truffles: Chef Jean-Marc Gorce offers you the finest handmade truffles (est. 1997)
- Original US Restaurant: Named after Unione Sportiva, a popular soccer team from Palermo, Sicily.
- Molinari Delicatessen: Pope John Paul II is handed a Molinari salami from 8 year old Joey (est. 1896)
- A. Cavalli & Co.: At the forefront of Italian culture in America for over 130 years (est. 1880)
- Bocce Restaurant: Nosh on homemade gnocchi at the site of the Old Spaghetti Factory
- Golden Boy Pizza: Peter Sodini’s vision of the perfect pizza (est. 1978)
Tour guide gratuity is not included.
601 Vallejo Street
San Francisco, CA 94133Get Directions