Enjoy food and drink samples from six of the Mission District's most exciting taquerias, mom-and-pop shops and restaurants on this food lover's walking tour from Sidewalk Food Tours. Sample award-winning pizza, taste the area's renowned Mexican food -- even skip the line at a bakery whose owners won the coveted James Beard Award for Outstanding Pastry Chef in 2008. Between tastings, your knowledgeable guide will tell intriguing stories about 17th century Spanish missionaries, the lively punk scene of the 1970s and more. All food and beverage tastings are included with the tour. Please see the full event description for a list of tasting locations.
Flavorful food specialties are served from five of the following locations (subject to change):
- Taqueria Cancun: Taste their famous tacos (est. 1985)
- Mission Chinese: Founder Danny Bowien was nominated for a James Beard Rising Chef Award (est. 2010)
- Delfina Pizza: Delicious Neapolitan inspired, thin crust pizzas (est. 2005)
- Tartine Bakery: The best French-style bakery in San Francisco. Bypass the lines (est. 2002)
- Ali Baba’s Cave: The most delicious, moist falafel in SF. Hear about Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, while noshing on deep-fried chickpeas seasoned to perfection. (est. 2003)
- Craftsman and Wolves: Where the paths of food and design intersect (est. 2010)
- Venga Empanadas: Made by hand, baked not fried, with plenty of flavors to choose from (est. 2008)
- Mission Banh Mi/Duc Loi Kitchen: Serving Amanda’s Vietnamese sandwiches, which she learned to make as a girl in Vietnam (est. 2008)
Tour guide gratuity is not included.
Southwest San Francisco
826 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Get Directions