What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $15.50 for $25 for two or more guests
- $29 for $50 for four or more guests
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Space subject to availability. Must be age 21+ with valid ID to redeem and consume alcohol. Tax and gratuity are not included. Can't be combined with any other offers or promotions. May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Sierra Nevada Torpedo Room
In the late '70s, there was no such thing as small-brewery equipment, so Sierra Nevada's founder, Ken Grossman, had to teach himself how to weld together recycled dairy equipment to create his own custom apparatus and built his first brewery. So it's no surprise that Sierra Nevada has its own custom piece of brewing equipment called a "hop torpedo," a torpedo-shaped canister that the brewery created to add intense hop flavors to its beers.
Sierra Nevada's tap room in Berkeley is named after this device, and, naturally, its taps fill glasses with Torpedo Extra IPA, an "intense hop bomb" created in the canister. This IPA is 1 of 16 rotating draft beers that can be found in the tap room, along with other hop-forward brews.
Here's a quick look at a few of Torpedo Room brews that you might find on tap:
- Hoppy Hefeweizen: An easy drinking, hop forward Hefeweizen, brewed with a generous amounts of Comet, Magnum, Citra and Mosaic Hops.
- BC #188 Mill Breaker: This beer was brewed with local winners from the Chico Homebrew Competition who added enough grain to break our malt mill. This Doppelbock is true to style: dark amber in color with a strong malt character and warming alcohol finish.
- 20th Street Blend: Twentieth Street Ale is medium-bodied, golden in color, and packed with flavor and complexity from the use of premium malt and whole-cone hops. It has a bright flowery, citrus, and earthy flavor from the abundance of whole-cone hops, picked wet from our field adjacent to the brewery.
- Barrel-Aged Bigfoot with Ginger: This is a special version of our barrel-aged Bigfoot Barleywine with fresh ginger added into the barrels. The resulting kick of ginger mellows Bigfoot’s ferocious hop bite and adds a new level of brightness and complexity. This beer features notes of burnt sugar, orange zest, vanilla, and candied ginger.
- BA Saison w/ Ginger/Lemongrass: This classic French-style Saison was aged for eight months in bourbon barrels topped off with additions of fresh ginger and lemongrass, providing subtle heat and lemon notes to the dry, crisp finish in this beer.
- Red Wine Barrel-Aged Narwhal: We aged our Narwhal Imperial Stout in oak barrels formerly used to mature red wine. The influence of the oak and wine cuts through and brightens the massive malt body, adding fruit-forward flavors with a round, vanilla-like sweetness from the wood.