Choose from Four Options
C$99 for one week of comic-book-drawing class for one (C$200 value)
C$189 for one week of comic-book-drawing class for two (C$400 value)
C$135 for two weeks of comic-book-drawing class for one (C$300 value)
C$269 for two weeks of comic-book-drawing class for two (C$600 value)
The class covers:
- Drawing facial features, hair, and proportional bodies
- Dressing characters in a variety of ways, such as in sci-fi, modern, or period outfits
- Colouring and outlining tips
- Conveying personality through posture, expressions, and gestures
- Creating three-dimensional characters with personalities, talents, and weaknesses
- Storyboarding and making events flow from point to point
- Writing a script
These supplies are provided:
- No. 2 HB pencils
- Fine-tip black Sharpie or Sakura pens
- Crayola pencil crayons
- White vinyl erasers for cleaner erasing
- 8.5”x11” white paper
- Legal paper for storyboarding
- Folders or Duo-Tangs to hold students’ work
Simonette School of the Arts
At Simonette School of the Arts, trombones wail, voices soar, and whole universes are created in just a few pencil strokes. The arts school offers a variety of musical instrument, vocal, and art classes. Music lessons focus on practical, theory, and performance study, while art classes center around creating characters and storytelling. Read on to learn more about some of the classes the school offers:
Signature service: Music Lessons/Instruction
Staff Size: 2–10 people
Average Duration of Services: 30–60 minutes
Q&A with Jo Ann Verley, Music Teacher
What is one of your signature services? How is it performed?
Teaching new students how to play some of their most-loved or popular music with confidence and musicality/emotion.
Sometimes it's all about the little things in life. What supplemental courtesies do you include with your main services to leave clients with a smile on their face?
-Performance tips, [whether] for family gatherings or the stage.
Do you or your staff have any special certifications or degrees?
Royal Conservatory of Music training, performance studies, degree in arts, college- and university-educated instructors.