What You'll Get
Today's Groupon brings a hot, tasty little pot to your table: $25 for $60 worth of fondue, drinks, and more fondue at Simply Fondue in Long Island, Great Neck's romantic spot for melty delectables in warm little tureens.
According to Simply Fondue, the now-famous dish was invented by Swiss herdsmen, who lived on bread, cheese, and wine through winter and would melt hardened cheese over campfires for their meal. Simply Fondue goes a bit further than Swiss herdsmen and offers an extensive menu of imaginative melted goodness, such as Italian Fontina—a blend of Fontina d'Aosta and grated truffled Pecorino Romano cheeses—and Wisconsin sharp cheddar with Emmenthaler cheeses, beer, and garlic. Second course salads include Greek, Caesar, and spinach and strawberry.
Choose a preparation style—Mediterranean sangria, vegetable bouillon, fondue grill, or traditional—for your prix-fixe entrees, which come with your choice of a variety of meats and seafood. But be sure to save room for dessert; no fondue experience is complete until you've poked your fork in a warm sea of milk chocolate or white chocolate amaretto. Most tables feature double burners, allowing you to savor multiple dishes at your leisure. A three-course prix-fixe meal starts at around $30.
Simply Fondue also boasts extensive martini and wine lists, ensuring that you, like your morsels of meat and bread, will be properly sauced before the night is through.
Note: One Groupon per table; two per table of four people or more.
- After my experience at Simply Fondue, not only is it my first choice in fondue restaurants, but quite possibly a new dessert and cocktail stop close to home. – Chris M., Yelp
- Has a great atmosphere and a huge variety of fondue to choose from. The food was delicious and their very impressive martini list did not disappoint. Having a large group has it's [sic] advantage as you can try more things. – User on 8/15/2009, Open Table
- We had a great time. I LOVE the Chocolate fondue at the end. The wait staffs were very friendly. We will be back soon. – Judy H., Yelp
Difficulty Made Simple
As its name indicates, Simply Fondue takes something that can be difficult and makes it simple. Other New York businesses and services that make difficult things easy are now popping up:
- Simply Surgery
- Rich Peter’s Make Your Own Mummies
- Eco-Geek’s Instant Climate Repair
- Split Seconds: “Bomb-Defusal While You Wait!”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 19, 2010. Amount paid never expires. No purchase limit. 1 per table. 2 per table with more 4 or more people. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.