In roller skating—just as in dangling from the edge of a cliff—it’s important not to let a fear of falling make you miss an opportunity to hold someone’s hand. Don’t leave today’s Groupon hanging to Skateland & Great Skate Glendale, with locations in Chandler, Mesa, and Glendale. Choose between the following options:
- For $12, you get a skating package for two (up to a $36 value). The package includes:
- Two open-skate admissions (up to a $9 value apiece)
- Two skate rentals (a $4 value apiece)
- Two 16-ounce soft drinks (a $2 value apiece)
Two slices of pizza (a $3 value apiece)<p>
- For $22, you get a skating package for four (up to a $72 value). The package includes:
- Four open-skate admissions (up to a $9 value apiece)
- Four skate rentals (a $4 value apiece)
- Four 16-ounce soft drinks (a $2 value apiece)
- Four slices of pizza (a $3 value apiece)<p>
The glossy rinks of Skateland & Great Skate Glendale act as oblong playgrounds for groups of rolling revelers. After lacing up rental roller or in-line skates, visitors wheel into the arena for two to four hours of gliding, accompanied by the pulsing rhythms of music and the welcome absence of hall monitors. At the Chandler facility, a grand mural of a coastal scene encircles the rink. Meanwhile, disco balls, colored lights, and dangling streamers give a prismatic glow to Mesa’s rink when the lights are off; along the way, hanging orb lights, murals of fireworks, and passing clowns eating birthday candles lend a festive air to each ride. In the food court, a royal spread of soft drinks and savory slices of pizza is laid out for weary skaters. Check the schedules for Chandler, Mesa, and Glendale for open-skate times.
Skateland & Great Skate Glendale
Each Skateland & Great Skate location maintains an arsenal of tools for family fun: rows and rows of orange wheeled roller-skates, breezy air-hockey boards, and colorful arcade games. As skaters show their rolly-rink prowess, they whiz past colorful murals, depicting fireworks against a black backdrop or a beach populated by surfers and elderly grains of sand. When resting legs, kids operate claw machines, attempt levitating along with air-hockey pucks, or try their hands at skee-ball to win tickets that they can redeem for prizes. Add a reserved area, a party host, pop, and pizza to the equation, and the roller rinks also make for a exciting birthday.