Unlike their cousin the ice skate, roller skates don’t need sharpening and don’t make ponds whimper when they come near. Slide into pacifist footwear with today’s Groupon to Skateland West, in Westland. Choose from the following options:
- For $10, you get open-skate admission for two (up to a $10 value) and roller-skate or rollerblade rental for two (up to a $10 value; up to a $20 total value).
- For $20, you get open-skate admission for four (up to a $20 value) and roller-skate or rollerblade rental for four (up to a $20 value; up to a $40 total value).
- For $50, you get open-skate admission for 15 (up to a $75 value) and roller-skate or rollerblade rental for 15 (up to a $75 value; up to a $150 total value).
- For $75, you get a roller-skating Super Birthday party package for up to 10 (a $100 value) and rental of a private room (a $50 value; a $150 total value). Parties can be booked on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. or 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. The party package includes the following:
- Two hours of skating for up to 10
- Roller-skate or rollerblade rental for up to 10
- Cupcakes, ice-cream cups, and soda
- Moonwalk for bouncers 54 inches and shorter
Skateland West’s guests skim the neon-lit surface of the sprawling facility’s oval rink atop roller skates and speedy rollerblades. Groups of 2, 4, or 15 frolic together during regularly scheduled open-skate sessions, executing daring moves such as the barrel roll and the whirling dervish. The Super Birthday party package invites up to 10 celebrants to dart around the rink for two hours, stopping only to fuel further carousing with cupcakes, ice cream, and 16 oz. of soda apiece, served by a friendly Skateland West staff member in the private party room. Party-goers can diversify their calisthenics by bouncing in a moon jump if they are 54 inches or shorter or can prove that they were born on the moon. Hosts can tote along their own birthday cake for forking into, and can augment sweets with pizza purchased by the pie, slice, or acre from the Cosmic Café (not included with this deal).
Skateland West’s rates fluctuate throughout the week.
A lap around Skateland West’s sea-foam-green floor transports inline skaters back in time with psychedelic rainbow lights, arcade games, and music. Despite the retro-chic atmosphere, Skateland West keeps things modern with activities such as freestyle-skating sessions and inline-skating lessons. The center also has a staff of fitness instructors who run patrons through fun and challenging Zumba and kids’ dance classes to help patrons stay in better shape than a buff geometry teacher. The skating rink also hosts kids’ birthday parties and has a snack bar where skaters can refuel with sodas and pizza.
37550 Cherry Hill Rd.
Westland, Michigan 48185